Proven Experience and Success Record for Family Matters in Las Vegas, Nevada
Our areas of focus include divorce, alimony, child custody, child support, paternity, guardianship, adoption, abuse and neglect, termination of parental rights, and the enforcement or modification of court orders. We also help our clients draft, review and enforce prenuptial agreements.
Our Las Vegas family law lawyers are particularly experienced in handling the unique aspects of high income and high net worth divorce cases. Our experience also includes handling divorce cases involving the valuation of a business, partnership or closely-held corporation.
Family law cases are among the most emotionally trying and difficult cases to experience, so we do our very best to resolve each one efficiently and effectively without sacrificing our client’s long-term goals and needs. From a simple uncontested divorce to multi-million dollar asset cases, we provide personal and professional attention to each and every one of our clients.
If you need experienced Family Law Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV, then contact Mills, Mills & Anderson. Our attorneys work hard to help our clients obtain the best result possible based on the facts of their unique case.
Services for Business Law and Consulting
Mills, Mills & Anderson also offers business and consulting services for businesses throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding areas in Clark County, Nevada. Our services include the creation and organization of private corporations, limited liability companies, and limited and general partnerships.
Our attorneys offer ongoing registered agent services as well as consulting on contractual and organizational issues for existing businesses. We help our clients draft business agreements, including secured transactions, seller financed franchise agreements, partnership interest transfer agreement, celebrity licensing agreement, commercial leases and many other types of contracts.
We are also experienced in representing clients in a wide variety of business litigation issues including business disputes, corporate dissolution, breach of contract claims, and dispute of title claims. From the commencement of the case through a trial on the merits, the business lawyers at Mills, Mills & Anderson can handle the case.
6 Reasons to Choose Mills, Mills & Anderson
At Mills, Mills and Anderson, we have painstakingly built a solid reputation through our "blood, sweat and tears." The following are some of the reasons that our clients choose to trust us:
- We are available: Mills, Mills & Anderson is a three-lawyer firm with a tremendously talented support staff. We won’t pass your case off to "the junior guy," because there is no such thing at our office. We’re not a mega-firm (we say this proudly!) and you are a person, not a file number. Since we pride ourselves on our availability, don’t be shy about approaching us with your questions and concerns.
- We are streetwise: Legal disputes are much more than just sterile intellectual issues. Emotions run high, especially in sensitive areas such as family law disputes. We make it a point to address the emotional aspects that are likely to affect the outcome of your dispute, and we take pride in our understanding of the intricacies of the human aspect of the cases we handle. You are an individual with your own particular concerns, and we don’t peddle cookie-cutter solutions.
- We are straightforward: Although we offer frequent advice to our clients, ultimately all of the major decisions in your case are yours to make, not ours. You cannot make wise decisions, however, unless we clarify the issues for you. We pride ourselves on a straight-talking approach – we will tell you forthrightly what we think your chances are and what we believe the consequences of any decision you consider will look like.
- We are involved: Our practice is not just our job – it’s our mission. At Mills, MIlls & Anderson, your problem is our problem, and we will approach your case with just as much care and determination as you would expect us to exercise if our own interests were at stake. Involvement is an intangible quality, but the difference it makes in the outcomes experienced by our clients is tremendous.
- We are experienced, especially at trial: Too many lawyers pride themselves on their negotiation skills but rarely see the inside of a courtroom. The problem with that approach is that without a strong record of winning at trial, the other side has little incentive to negotiate with you. The ironic reality is that the more prepared you are to win at trial, the less likely it is that the opposing party will dare to face you there. Our outstanding trial record ensures that we are respected and feared at the negotiating table.
- Above all, we are relentless: At Mills, Mills & Anderson, we don’t back down and we don’t quit. We realize that there are times when compromise is the best option, but we don’t use that an excuse to allow our clients to be taken advantage of or intimidated. Nobody messes with our clients – it’s just as simple as that.
Our Main Practice Areas
Family Law: "Family law" is a catch-all legal term that includes issues relating to divorce, child custody, child support, paternity disputes, prenuptial agreements, annulments, termination of parental rights, guardianship, and adoption, among other issues. We are just as experienced in negotiating complex financial settlements as we are in litigating high-tension family law disputes, and we pride ourselves in upholding only the highest ethical standards.
Divorce: Divorce law issues that we commonly handle include contested and uncontested divorces, community property, alimony, high income and net worth divorces, incapacitated spouse divorces, military divorces, mediated divorces, and hidden assets cases. We are acutely aware of just how strongly the decisions you make in a divorce case are likely to affect the rest of your life, and we do not take them lightly.
Protection Orders: You may be seeking a protection order because you are a victim of stalking, harassment, or domestic violence. On the other hand, you may be the subject of such an order filed against you. Either way, we’ve got your back. Our firm regularly handles cases involving Temporary Protective Orders (TPOs) as well as motions to dissolve them. If you are considering filing a TPO, we can not only help you file one and deal with related issues like child custody, we can also advise you on alternatives that might suit you better, depending on your circumstances.
Business Law: The law affects just about every aspect of doing business these days. Unfortunately, unforeseen legal issues can blindside you and seriously threaten your operations, especially when a dispute arises. Even when the skies seem clear, a poorly drafted contract or legal document can operate as a ticking time bomb that might not explode for years. Unlike many attorneys, we are acutely aware of the difference between the ideal "lawyer’s solution" and the practical business solution that you are going to need.
Personal Injury: A serious personal injury can turn your life upside down physically, psychologically, and financially. When the accident turns out to have been someone else’s fault, you are entitled to full compensation for all of your losses, including pain and suffering – we will not rest until you get it.
Call for a Consultation with an Experienced Lawyer
With over 36 years of collective experience in the Family Law Courts in Las Vegas, Nevada, we are well equipped to represent our clients in all types of family matters. We represent both men and women throughout the Eighth Judicial District Court, Family Court Division, in Las Vegas, Clark County, NV.
Please take a few minutes to explore our site. Feel free to contact us via email or directly to get answers to any questions you may have, or to set up an in-person consultation. We know choosing a skilled Las Vegas family law lawyer can be overwhelming, but we promise to do our very best to help you make an informed decision about the best way to proceed.
Our Qualified Las Vegas Family Law Attorneys and Dedicated Staff
The three attorneys at the firm are Byron L. Mills, Gregory S. Mills, and Daniel W. Anderson. The attorneys are dedicated to providing quality, individualized service for every client. When choosing a Las Vegas Family Law Firm, you should also consider the helpfulness of the staff employed by the firm.
Our professional staff was hand-picked for their experience and willingness to work hard to ensure that each of our clients receives the time and attention needed to understand their case and what to expect next.
When you are ready, call (702) 386-0030. Whether you need a highly skilled Las Vegas Family Lawyer, a business lawyer, or a proved personal injury lawyer, let us put our experience to work for you.